Rice Faculty and Senior University Administrators can get journal articles and books pulled from the stacks and put on hold.
Only Rice Faculty, and Senior University Administrators can use this service.
Get journal articles sent to you digitally, and read them on your personal computer. Want a book? We can pull it from the stacks, and place it on hold for you.
Sign up and submit requests through the Rice ILLiad System.
Good to Know:
- There is no charge for Document Delivery.
- There is no limit for number of items requested at one time. For large orders, we may contact you to request more time.
- Articles longer than 50 pages will not be scanned, and the journal volume will be placed on hold for you at the Circulation Desk.
- Fondren Express does not deliver items from Fondren’s Electronic Collections.
- Copyright laws apply to all materials. You are responsible for using the material appropriately.
Taking too long? Some reasons for delays:
- The citation could not be verified. You will be notified via email.
- The material requested is temporarily unavailable, or not in Fondren’s Collection. We will request the material through Interlibrary Loan. May take one to four weeks.
All requests processed by Document Delivery Services/Interlibrary Loan