Fondren Library has paid subscriptions to many online resources. When you are trying to access these resources, while off-campus, you will be required to verify your Rice affiliation with the Rice EZproxy system.
Rice Students, Faculty & Staff
- clicking on a link to a subscription-based resource will take you to the Rice EZproxy server where your Rice NetID and password are required
- after validating your Rice NetID and password you can continue on to the resource
- VPN access will place your computer on the Rice Network and you will not be required to login to the Rice EZproxy server
Linking to Resources
- Faculty wishing to build links to library resources on syllabi and/or in Owlnet, and have those links work for off-campus students should consult our guide to linking.
Contracts with our publishers define how the resources may be accessed and used:
- Use should be restricted to academic research and teaching
- Systematic downloading of resources is prohibited
- Content should not be made available on servers/websites that are openly accessible, nor should copyright marks be obstructed or removed
- Use is subject to University policies, including Appropriate Use of Computer Resources and Intellectual Property Policy
Off-campus access is ONLY for current Rice ID holders: current faculty, staff, students, and Rice-retired faculty.
Users at the Fondren Library public workstations, located near Reference, will be automatically logged into any of Fondren's subsription-based resources.
Non-Rice visitors attempting to access Fondren's subscription-based resources, while off-campus, will not be able to proceed past the Rice EZproxy login page.